I have had a passion for leather bags since I can remember. Synthetics bags never convinced me. So, from the moment I first saw a Saddleback bag, I fell in love, and so will you.
Saddleback Leather Co. has just turned 13 years old.
Dave Munson, founder of the company, designed his first bag in 1999 while living in Mexico as an English teacher. He needed a strong bag to carry school books.
A while later, in the United States, his well-loved bag caught a lot of people’s attention. So, Munson returned to Mexico to have other bags made. He began selling them on Ebay, and soon after from his own website.
They pride themselves on using full grain leather, which is the natural surface of the leather that comes with marks and scars. It will only become more attractive and beautiful as it ages. It is the best quality leather, and therefore the only one good enough for Saddleback.
Click here to know more about their 100 year warranty.
- Saddleback uses only the best: full-grain leather (as much of the cow as you can get, short of the moo), strong pigskin lining, and premium, marine-grade thread (the kind used on shipping sails)
- A variation of their original Messenger Bag for those who aspire to a more organised life
- Two exterior front pockets for quick access to your phone, charger, or notebook
- Slot pocket behind exterior front pockets for quick stowing of your cell phone or wallet
- Emergency Cigar Pocket behind the main strap (can also accommodate a pen knife)
- Two exterior side pockets for sunglasses and water bottles. One back pocket for magazines or airline tickets.
- Carry using the shoulder strap or run the strap through the riveted O-ring behind the grab handle to easily convert the bag into a backpack
- Interior is lined with pigskin and has two pockets for even more organization
- 8 exterior D-Rings for lashing
- Riveted leather interior key clip
- No breakable parts, e.g. zippers, snaps, buttons, etc.
Dimensions (approximate size):
- Exterior: 15” H x 13 ¼” W x 4 ¼” D
- Internal: 13 ¼” H x 12 ½” W x 3 ½” D
- 5.7 pounds