I have had a passion for leather bags since I can remember. Synthetics bags never convinced me. So, from the moment I first saw a Saddleback bag, I fell in love, and so will you.
Saddleback Leather Co. has just turned 13 years old.
Dave Munson, founder of the company, designed his first bag in 1999 while living in Mexico as an English teacher. He needed a strong bag to carry school books.
A while later, in the United States, his well-loved bag caught a lot of people’s attention. So, Munson returned to Mexico to have other bags made. He began selling them on Ebay, and soon after from his own website.
They pride themselves on using full grain leather, which is the natural surface of the leather that comes with marks and scars. It will only become more attractive and beautiful as it ages. It is the best quality leather, and therefore the only one good enough for Saddleback.
Click here to know more about their 100 year warranty.
- Saddleback uses only the toughest materials: full-grain leather, strong pigskin lining, and premium, highly UV-resistant, marine-grade polyester thread (the stuff used on ship sails)
- Main body of this leather tote is sewn with only 3 large pieces of unlined full-grain leather for a simple, lightweight and durable design.
- Hardware is made from premium stainless 316 steel
- One interior pocket will fit a large cell phone
- One exterior pocket big enough for a standard Moleskine notebook, etc.
- Comes in four colour options of chrome-tanned leather, with contrasting suela leather handles and shoulder straps.
- Natural suela leather will patina and darken beautifully with age and use.
- Shoulder straps can be adjusted or removed quickly with a pad eye system borrowed from a vintage military bag.
Dimensions (approximate size):
- Exterior: 13 ½” H x 14 ¼” W x 4” D
- Interior: 13 ¼” H x 14” W x 3 ½” D
- 2.6 pounds